weenie dog

The life and times as seen through the eyes of my "Weenie Dog" Heidi!

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Weigh in day

Today is weigh in day at the vet. Heidi feels heavier, but maybe I'm just getting weaker.

I am going to ask the vet why my female dog likes to stand up to pee. Is it too much testosterone or too little estrogen? She puts her two front feet in the litter box, leaves one hind leg on the floor and props her other leg on the top of the rim of the litter box. What a mess she makes.

When I get back from the vet, I'll let you know what she weighs. She'll also get her heartworm medication and have her toenails trimmed.

I haven't had a manicure in at least three years. This little weenie has had at least 6 or 8.

As usual, she will disgrace me at the vet by puddling on the floor and threatening all the other nicely behaved dogs.

My vet is partial to dauschunds, as that was what she had growing up.
That was just luck that I picked the vet who had experience with them.

Later that day ---------

Heidi weighed 10.2 lbs, same as a month ago. I spoke with the vet's assistant and she told me some aggressive female dogs will pee standing up. Lucky, lucky me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home