weenie dog

The life and times as seen through the eyes of my "Weenie Dog" Heidi!

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Heidi barks

Usually, when I take Heidi in the car, she scrooches up in the back seat and doesn't make a sound. Last night I took her out and she barked at everyone she saw. She sounds ferocious, but she is really calling for attention. She gets quite put out when people don't notice her and talk to her.

One command Heidi does respond to is "STAY!!". Maybe it is the hard emphasis I put on the word. She will also sit if I am near her "cookies" (treats). Freeze dried liver is her favorite "cookie". Yummy!!!

Heidi takes her job as a lap dog very seriously. When I have a lap, she is mostly in it.

Bedtime is another ball of wax altogether. She begins to sense it is getting that time and I can't lay a hand on her. I am running out of tricks to catch her and she knows she can outmanuver me with one paw tied behind her back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home