weenie dog

The life and times as seen through the eyes of my "Weenie Dog" Heidi!

Friday, September 16, 2005

BRONCO V GOLDILOCKS

Back in the 70's when we had Bronco, we also had a cat named Goldilocks. She came before Bronco and she definitelty ruled. She was a little calico who was feral when my daughter managed to capture her. I was in the hospital with surgery and friends invited the family to dinner. This cat was a stray in their neighborhood no one could touch, but my daughter didn't understand that, being about 8 years old, so she brought her home and named her.
I had never liked cats at that point, but I soon came under her spell.
When my daughter DeDe brought Bronco home, he could barely stand on his own four legs he was so gangly. He was bedded down in the garage the first night and when my husband came in from work, he growled at him. Imagine, just weaned and already challenging anyone on "his" turf.
It didn't take Goldy long to show him she was boss. She would knock him off his feet for no good reason. It was funny to see him lick her and watch her turn into a ball of indignation. When Bronco really sinned, she would run under him, flip on her back and really teach him a lesson. He loved her through it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home