weenie dog

The life and times as seen through the eyes of my "Weenie Dog" Heidi!

Monday, October 30, 2006

MEMORIAL TO MY GRANDADDY

My grandaddy passed away early Saturday morning. I was very sad. My grandaddy never got to see me run and play. Sometimes, I went to the nursing home to see him, but I don't know if he saw or heard me. Other people there, residents and staff alike petted me.
I wish I could have known him better. Everyone knew he was a good man. Every time I tried to lick him, my mommy took me away. She said my grandaddy didn't think dogs belonged in the house, much less on someone's bed.
I was put in a kennel while all the rest of the family gathered to pay respect to him. I would have had such fun with everyone there. I can't figure out why I was sent away.
My grandaddy was 96 years old. He and my grandmother were married 69 years. I hope my mommy takes me by to cheer her up today.
My brothers and sister all loved my grandaddy very much, because he and my grandmother were always there for them and took care of them when they and my mommy weren't wanted anymore.

2 Comments:

At 11:23 AM, Blogger Lynanne said...

Oh Heidi, I'm so very sorry for you and your mommy's loss. :( Even though 96 is a long life (it's over 500 years in dog years!) we miss those we love. Give your mommy an extra cuddle today!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger poody said...

sorry to hear of your loss I know it is always sad even when you think you are ready for something you never are but the weenie will make it all better!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home