weenie dog

The life and times as seen through the eyes of my "Weenie Dog" Heidi!

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Heidi in time-out

At least once a day, and usually at night, Heidi goes on a rampage. She bites at my toes or ankles or any part of me she can jump and reach. I don't know if she is psychotic, or what. She seems to encourage these occasions and responds to my admonitions to behave as encouragement to act as bad as she can. She streaks around the house fast as a speeding bullet and runs by me and snaps at me. Striking her with a newspaper makes her immediately attack again. If and when I can get my hands on her, I put her in her crate. I only leave her there a few minutes, and maybe that is the problem, but sometimes, soon as she is out, she goes on the attack again.
Maybe she is bored, but it seems to happen just as much when she is stimulated as when nothing exciting is happening.
I do notice, as long as I have company, she is good. Even if they stay overnight, she is good. Perhaps she is just bored with me, or thinks this is all a game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home