weenie dog

The life and times as seen through the eyes of my "Weenie Dog" Heidi!

Saturday, August 06, 2005

The terminator

Heidi treed a roach. I thought it was a "present" Heidi had left on the floor, so I grabbed a kleenex and bent over to pick it up and it ran into the corner of the cabinet. I called Heidi over and showed it to her and she began to bark at it. It took off and ran all the way across the room and into another corner. She ran it out of that corner and I thought she had lost it, but it scooted under one of her toys and she was nosing around for it. As she lifted her toy with her nose, it took off again right toward me. I was able to step on it and squash it. Heidi lay down on her back and rolled over it. I don't know if that was a victory dance or what. I then picked up the carcass, threw it in the toilet, like it was one of her "presents" and gave it a burial at sea.
That is the first roach I've seen here. I have seen several geekos but have never been able to get her attention when I saw one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home